Christ Church Consecration 1965

Video courtesy of Christ Church Billericay

Video footage of people arriving

By Jim Devlin

This video was taken as people arrived for the consecration of Christ Church in Perry Street on 11th December 1965.

This new church was a replacement for the wooden mission hut which was errected on this site in 1933. This was an outreach church of the parish of Ingatestone to cater for the new housing in the area. The mission hut was taken down in 1982.

The video has interesting shots of the fashions of 1965 and some nostalgic views of cars of the period.

To read more about Christ Church go to their website

http://www.christchurch-billericay.co.uk/index.html

This page was added by Jim Devlin on 19/10/2011.
Comments about this page (Add a comment about this page)

When we first came to Billericay Christ Church in Perry Street was a small wooden hut. Now of course it has been replaced by a fine red brick building which is 50 years old.

By Peter Kiss
On 23/07/2015
Add a comment about this page

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.